Now is the perfect time to start Christmas sewing projects! From pajamas or quilts, to placemats or stockings – getting a head start on gifts and home decor will mean less pressure and a more festive Christmas later. One way to find inspiration is to shop Christmas fabrics, and now is the time of year when most fabric stores begin to display holiday materials. But if your local fabric stores are not available, where can you find amazing Christmas fabrics online?
Etsy is a wonderful option for buying Christmas fabric online! With tons of smaller fabric sellers, each with a unique selection, you are bound to find one-of-a-kind fabrics for your projects. Here are some of my favorites:
- Happy Kids Happy Me – cute, cute, cute Christmas gnome (and other) fabric.
- The Meandering Thread – wide variety for whatever Christmas vibe you want.
- Olive Heart Creations – also a wide variety with the cutest Christmas puppy fabric!
- Sojo Fabric – very unique designs and non-traditional, fun color combinations.
- Material Girl Chic – retro, modern, and just plain fun!
- Babes ‘n Blanks Fabric – some playful and some more elegant designs.
- Gardensong Fabrics – unique designs.
Of course, there are plenty of other fabric stores on Etsy, and it is fun to explore!
If you prefer to shop the larger stores, here are two other options:
Joann Fabrics is an obvious choice. With 850 locations in 49 states, it is a go-to fabric store that offers curbside pick-up. Their site is easy to navigate and has a large selection of Christmas fabrics. Everything is organized by fabric type (cotton, flannel, fleece, etc.), which makes finding the appropriate fabric and comparing designs within a fabric type much easier.
Michael’s is another option, also with locations in 49 states and Canada. They offer curbside pick-up and same day delivery, though many of their Christmas fabrics are delayed due to high demand. The site is more difficult to navigate because the fabrics are not organized in any particular way, and when you search for Christmas fabrics, you still have to scroll to get to them. Comparison is difficult, and the selection is small, but the styles are cute.
If your summer is looking a little quieter due to shutdowns or stay-at-home plans, think fleece blankets, flannel pajamas, Christmas lap quilts or stockings – and start your fabric shopping now!